Sr. Sales Engineer, Engineering Services
DAA (Design Automation Associates, Inc)Apply Now
Windsor Locks, CT
Note: This position requires US Citizenship and background checks for security clearances.
Are you ready for an exciting and challenging role leading sales and business development efforts with many of Technology’s most iconic and recognizable brands? Are you an accomplished sales professional with a mechanical engineering and/or CAD background and a deep passion for driving ultra-cool, high-tech initiatives? If you answered yes to both of these questions, we want to meet you… DAA is looking for a Sr. Sales Engineer with demonstrable success in technical field sales and strategic account management as well as 5-10 years of achievement in similar prior roles. Candidates should display increased levels of combined sales responsibility and over-achievement of assigned annual quota and will have sold technology related professional services in a collaborative team environment with a focus on revenue growth.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing and is a key member of the Business Development team. Candidate will be responsible for delivering incremental engineering services revenue from both existing clients as well as acquiring new customers across all vertical industries and expanding revenue growth by developing new Engineering Services business in new accounts. This is a customer facing field sales position and requires extensive sales planning, account management, relationship building, and cross-functional team management, in addition to tracking and reporting of required metrics, objectives, account status reports, and monthly / annual forecasting.
- Develop and implement plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursue long-term account strategy that maximizes DAA’s profits.
- Assist in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers.
- Develop a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key investment drivers.
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of DAA’s capabilities and services.
- Provide management with suggestions for improving sales volume, market share and services pricing.
- Develop opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Facilitate and coordinate sales quotes, statements of work (SOW’s), NDA’s, T&C’s, ensuring excellent customer experience.
- Communicating flow down of contract requirements to project teams.
- Participating in project development reviews and tracking amendments through projects as required.
- Lead customer conflict resolution with DAA and customer management teams.
- Knowledge & ability to read, analyze, and assess basic contract administration.
- Successful track-record interfacing with technical staff and customers developing detailed quotes, payment and delivery schedules with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customer representatives to ascertain needs/concerns.
- Engineering services knowledge for presentation and ability to tailor sales approach to customers’ culture and business.
- Ability to Close – including timing, persistence, knowing buying signals and when to stop.
- Demonstrated understanding of high-level customer business processes and engineering workflow including technical elements of customer RFPs process.
- Demonstrated ability to convey ideas and solutions in user-friendly language for all customers.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Four-year degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent, MBA a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in engineering services sales, or mechanical engineering business development roles.
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering background in at least one of the following (Aerospace & Defense, Power & Energy, Automotive, Machinery & Heavy Equipment, Consumer Goods) verticals with the ability to interact with a highly technical staff is required.